Thursday, August 26, 2021

Reader Problems Book Tag



Hello friends! It's been a while since I last posted on the blog and all this time I've been reading a lot, but unfortunately I didn't really have the time for the blog. So I was looking for a fun and different post idea and I found this book tag over at ZEEZEE WITH BOOKS BLOG and decided to do it.

So here we go!

YOU HAVE 20,000 BOOKS ON YOUR TBR. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DECIDE WHAT TO READ NEXT?
I usually decide what to read based on my mood. Do I feel like reading something light and fun or something heavy and serious? Do I feel like I can devote much time for a bigger series or do I feel like I'll be unable to commit? That's all there is about me really. Sometimes I try to at least read the ones that have been sitting on my tbr for a longer time, but I can't always do it. I also like to alternate between my reads for example if I read a heavier book now with a darker theme then I will definitely pick something lighter for my next read, etc.


YOU’RE HALFWAY THROUGH A BOOK AND YOU’RE JUST NOT LOVING IT. DO YOU QUIT OR ARE YOU COMMITTED?
I quit! I don't have time to spend on things I do not enjoy! I'll go to the next and spend my time on something I actually like rather than pressure myself into something I find unpleasant.


THE END OF THE YEAR IS COMING AND YOU’RE SO CLOSE, BUT SO FAR AWAY, ON YOUR GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE. DO YOU TRY TO CATCH UP AND HOW?
I try to catch up by reading comic books or audio books which take significantly less time and are still just as enjoyable. However, if even then I don't make it, I don't really mind. It's nice to catch up on my reading challenge, but I don't beat myself too much over it.


THE COVERS OF A SERIES YOU LOVE DO. NOT. MATCH. HOW DO YOU COPE?
As much as I hate this I would probably just let them be. 


EVERY ONE AND THEIR MOTHER LOVES A BOOK YOU REALLY DON’T LIKE. WHO DO YOU BOND WITH OVER SHARED FEELINGS?
Probably just random people in the reading community on social media. I have plenty of pages and groups that I follow, YouTube channels and all that jazz that are followed by fellow Book Lovers and generally people from the same fandoms or similar tastes as me, so this is probably where I would feel more comfortable talking about my thoughts and discussing whatever came to mind. I would also probably rant about it on my blog.


YOU’RE READING A BOOK AND YOU ARE ABOUT TO START CRYING IN PUBLIC. HOW DO YOU DEAL?
If there is a place or a room close by that I can go for a moment and just sit alone I will do this but if I cannot do that I will probably try to not tear up or wipe the tears immediately and hide it. Or maybe I would just pause reading just before it got too heavy and continue reading when I get home.


A SEQUEL OF A BOOK YOU LOVED JUST CAME OUT, BUT YOU’VE FORGOTTEN A LOT FROM THE PRIOR NOVEL. WILL YOU RE-READ THE BOOK?
Definitely. No way I am getting into a sequel if I cannot remember what happened before.


YOU DO NOT WANT ANYONE. ANYONE. BORROWING YOUR BOOKS. HOW DO YOU POLITELY TELL PEOPLE NOPE WHEN THEY ASK?
I try to avoid it most of the times. I sometimes use excuses or little lies which I don't feel entirely great about but still... But if it is a friend of mine or someone that I really trust I won't be able to tell them no so just give it to them.


READING ADD. YOU’VE PICKED UP AND PUT DOWN 5 BOOKS IN THE LAST MONTH. HOW DO YOU GET OVER YOUR READING SLUMP?
I try to do something else something other than reading. I probably watch some of my favorite movies or a new series on Netflix. I listen to some music and just give myself time. I know I will eventually get back to it.


THERE ARE SO MANY NEW BOOKS COMING OUT THAT YOU’RE DYING TO READ! HOW MANY DO YOU ACTUALLY BUY?
I never bought many books to begin with but the last years I tend to buy even fewer. I usually prefer to borrow, buy second-hand, or download. Nowadays I just buy only a handful of books per year.


AFTER YOU’VE BOUGHT THE NEW BOOKS YOU CAN’T WAIT TO GET TO, HOW LONG DO THEY SIT ON YOUR SHELF BEFORE YOU GET TO THEM?
Again it depends on my mood just like I said before. There are books that I will read straight away because I was just in the right moment feeling the right way and then there are books that I will keep until I feel is the right time for me to read them. 

***

I hope you enjoyed this tag as much as I did feel free to do it as well if you like it I would love to see all your answers and thoughts if you want to share them with me.

Until the next time... 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...