Monday, October 1, 2018

Slake's Limbo: 121 days II Book review



This is my first review on this blog and I thought it would be nice to start with this book, because of its meaning to me. You see, this was my mother's book that she bought and read when she was younger and she gave it to me as a gift. I've been avoiding it though, I must admit, and I've had it sitting on my shelves for a very long time, but the time finally came for me to read and review it.

I have to say that it was a very sweet little story and I'm happy I read it. Sure, it was not the best book I have read, but it was definitely very sweet and heartwarming. It follows the story of Slake, a young boy who is left with nothing and nobody in the world and struggles to survive using whatever resources he has. He stays in the subway and tries to find ways to earn money or food and in the meantime he meets new people and learns new things about the world and about himself. He gets a routine in his life, until one day things take an unexpected turn and he has to figure out what he should do next.

The book gave me all kinds of feelings for Slake - sorrow for his misfortune in life, fear for his fate and his blurry future, hope when something good happened to him and even happiness for his rat friend. I also felt for the driver and for his having to give up on his dreams to face the hard reality, only to later come to the point of realizing the importance of what he had and appreciating his life. The ending was optimistic and hopeful and left me wanting to know more about what happened next. Overall, it was an enjoyable quick read that left me feeling optimistic and that's why I gave it 3/5 stars.

->Sorry if this is an awkward first post, but I am new to blogging and I don't really know how to do things yet... I hope to improve soon.<-



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...