Sunday, September 20, 2020

"The Kill Order" by James Dashner || A Mini Book Review



This one was my least favorite from the series, so this review is going to be short (indicative of how much I didn't care about it). If, however, you want to read my thoughts on the previous book in the series you can find my full review here.

It was very boring and I didn't like it very much. I couldn't care for the characters. I felt like I did not really know them and couldn't care what happened to them. Changing the set of basic characters and introducing new ones was a distraction for me. The story follows the same formula with the rest of the series and many of the scenes seem familiar and repetitive. I speed-read a big part of it and only read properly the interesting parts. The writing was not very good.

I didn't enjoy this book at all and I was tempted at many points to just give up and DNF it. It was a bit of a struggle to get through and it is definitely the weakest one in the series. I had first given it 2* but after some thought, I decided to give it 1*. Most important for me was that I could really just skip this book entirely and nothing would change about the overall story. Reading it didn't give me anything new or add anything to the plot. I could have gone through the rest of the books without knowing exactly how the first contamination happened and I wouldn't miss it at all. If there had to be a book about how it all started it should have at least been good with a solid plot and engaging characters. It should have something exciting and new to add.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...