Tuesday, April 19, 2022

4 More Children's Books Reviews

 Hello friends!

I really enjoy reviewing and writing about children's books, so I decided to make one more post like these. If you'd like to read my opinions on some more children's books, you can check my previous relevant post here


Here are the last 4 children's books I read with my son and how I felt about them...


"Frog is Frog" by Max Velthuijs

This is a very cute little story that talks about how everyone is different and it's okay. Everyone has their own strong points, abilities, and characteristics and we should be proud of who we are and what we're able to do. Focusing on other people's strong points or advantages doesn't only feel bad, but also doesn't help unravel who you really are and your actual unique qualities. It carries a beautiful message for children and it does it in a simple and fun way. I gave it 3/5*. Out of the three books, I think that this one was my favorite, the one that resonated more with me and made me feel and think.


"Frog in Love" by Max Velthuijs

One thing I like about this series is how it uses different animals to show the different people in the society. So Frog is in love and his loved one is different, but of course, it doesn't matter to him. This book deals with many complicated emotions and shows how in love and friendship what matters is not our differences, but the things that connect us. It also shows how other people's opinions won't mean anything if your love is honest and real. It is a heart-warming story. I gave this one 3/5* as well and out of the three books in the series, this was definitely the sweetest.

"Frog and a Very Special Day" by Max Velthuijs

Frog has been promised that today is a very special day, but can't seem to figure out why, so he goes around trying to find out. If I had to find a message in this book, I guess it would be that we can make our "special days" by ourselves and not simply by waiting for something extraordinary to happen out of the blue, or maybe that good and thoughtful friends are what make a day special. Out of the 3 books that I've read from this series so far, this one was my least favorite. This is why I gave it a lower rating 2/5*. But it is still a fun little read.
"Ouch!" by Ragnhild Scamell

This book was definitely the one my son and I had the most fun reading and came back to re-read it a couple of times. It tells a story about a Hedgehog who has just finished building his nest but has been caught and keeps getting in trouble as different things get stuck on him and his friends hurry to his aid. The illustrations are simply beautiful and very much to my taste, I really enjoyed looking at them. The story is simple, but it is fun and the writing is wordy and very enjoyable overall. I think that it would be a nice way for children to get in touch with and start learning numbers because every page keeps counting how many things got stuck on the Hedgehog. My son is 5 years old, but this one could definitely be read to younger children as well, as it is simple and fun. I gave it 3/5*, even though it feels more like a 3,5*, but not quite a 4* either.


Overall, all of them were nice and I would recommend them if you're looking for something to read with your children. I would love to hear your opinions about these books if you've read them and I'd also love to hear any recommendations you might have.


Thank you for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I tried some from the frog books after reading your reviews. My daughter loved them!

    ReplyDelete

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...