Saturday, January 2, 2021

My Bookish Goals for 2021

Hello and Happy New Year to Everyone!!!


As a kid and a teen, I was always an avid reader, I used to read insane amounts of books every year. Even as a student at University I still managed a good number of books, but adulthood is kinda hard to manage and we are not always warned as to the extent of this difficulty. I never thought that balancing a full-time job, a family, other responsibilities and a hobby (reading in my case) would be so hard and that my reading expectations would be so low, yet managing them would feel so satisfying.

For the past 3 years, I've been setting low reading goals (10, 12, 15 books a year) and for the first 2 years, I didn't even manage to reach those goals. Even though I felt happy for whatever I read I was still a bit disappointed, not because I didn't meet the numbers, but because this number was an indication that I didn't get to do what I love as much as I wished. It also meant that I had very limited time for myself and the things that I enjoy. But finally, last year was the year that I made it! Not only did I reach my goal of 12 books a year, but I read 2 more, reaching a total of 14 books. I was unbelievably happy and excited about this accomplishment because this also means that I can now manage my time and program a lot better and I can invest it a lot better and do a little bit more of the thing that I love.

So, naturally, my reading goal for this year is going to be just a little bit higher, just enough to make it a challenge, but not too high so that it won't unmanageable. 

  1. Read at least 15 books. 
  2. Read at least 1 classic book.
  3. Listen to at least 1 audiobook.
  4. Read at least 1 non-fiction book.
  5. Finally read and finish the Harry Potter series (I read the 1st book last year).
  6. Keep writing my reviews and posting on this blog everything book related.
I feel very optimistic and positive about the next reading year and I really think that it's going to be even better than the last one. 

I wish you all to have a very nice year and enjoy your reading and whatever else you'll be doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...