Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My Bookish Goals for 2023



2022 was a nice reading year, but I really hope 2023 will be even better and I'll read even more. I will try my best to achieve it and not fall back again. However, I'm going to keep setting small and achievable goals...
  1. Read at least 20 books: The same number as last year, neither higher, nor lower. If I see that I'm doing well around the middle of the year, I may raise it a bit. However, if I see I'm doing lousy, it's not being reduced! 20 books is my threshold and I don't want to accept anything lower from myself and, ideally, I'd like to do better than last year.
  2. Read at least 2 classics: I've been meaning to read more classics since last year but didn't get around to it. This year I'll try to hold myself accountable and do it.
  3. Listen to at least 2 audiobooks: I've come to really enjoy audiobooks and I want to keep them in my reading schedule. If I manage to read even more than 2, I'll be even happier.
  4. Read at least 2 non-fiction books: Non-fiction books can be enlightening and educational and they take me out of my comfort zone. I want to keep reading all the different kinds and genres of non-fiction books.
  5. Read at least 2 Stephen King books: I've been meaning to do this for a while, and this is the year, that it's getting done.
  6. Keep reviewing the books I read: And writing everything book-related for my blog.

That's about it with my reading goals... A few, small goals, just to keep me motivated. Feel free to share your goals for the new year with me, you can comment below and share your thoughts.

I wish you all a great, very enjoyable, very productive, and fulfilling year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...