Saturday, January 7, 2023

My Reading Wrap-Up For 2022


 

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a fantastic time the past days and I also wish you all the best for 2023!

As usual, I want to start the year with a reading Wrap-Up, to see how I did with all of my reading - and not only - goals of the past year and so I can use it to help me set my goals for the year to come. If you want to see the full post on my reading goals for 2022, before you check out this one, you can find it here. I'll jump right into it...


My reading goals for 2022 were:

  1. Read at least 20 books
    I only barely reached this goal and I don't even know if it counts or if it's considered cheating since this number includes quite a few comic books and a couple of audiobooks. Nevertheless, I'm still happy and proud of myself for making it! I read 20 books and even though I wish I could have read a few more, I think it's still a good number for me.

  2. Try to read every single day even if it's just a couple of pages
    Now, this one I failed hard. Not only did I not read every day, I read even fewer days than I did last year (about 100 days down) and I also read a smaller amount of pages (smaller books).

  3. Finish the Harry Potter series
    I finally managed to finish this series! I've wanted to read these books for a long time now and I was very excited when I started a couple of years ago. When I got around to reading them, I was eager to read on and finally read them all, so that I could finally form a complete opinion. 2022 was the year I finally reached this goal and not only am I happy for making it, I'm also a bit proud of myself for not giving up and getting through with it. It's an undeniable satisfaction to have such a big and popular series on my "read" shelf.

  4. Read at least 1 classic book
    Hard fail. I didn't even consider reading a classic until just about the end of 2022, and by then, I couldn't even attempt it, because I knew I wouldn't have the time it needed.

  5. Read 1 Stephen King book
    I did think about this one a few times but never actually got around to it, so again, one more fail.

  6. Read at least 1 non-fiction book
    I actually read 2 non-fiction books this year, one of which had to do with political and religious consciousness and the other was about creativity.

  7. Try to be more committed to the blog and consistent with my posting and improve the blog in general
    I managed to reach this goal and I am very happy and proud of myself for it. Not only was I more consistent with my blog than ever before, not only did I write more than I have before, but I also got to do quite a few new things with it!

  8. Listen to at least 1 audiobook
    I only listened to 1 audiobook, but it was enough for me and I feel great about it!

Overall, 2022 was a very beautiful, interesting, and happy year for me. I may not have reached all of the goals I had set for myself (in fact, I achieved about half of them) but I feel good for how well I've done and how far I've come. Life has been crazy, with too many unexpected things happening all at once, and at times it was hard to keep up with everything. However, I managed to keep going and I'm grateful for all the nice things that have occurred! I only hope that this new year will be just as - if not even more - beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...