Friday, December 29, 2023

My 2023 Reading Wrap-Up || Or "How I completely failed the reading goals I set for myself"


As the title states, this post will be My Reading Wrap-Up for 2023. Unfortunately, though, this has not been a very good reading year for me, and while it was a great year in all other aspects of my life, I barely got any time to read. This has consequently resulted in me failing all of my reading goals 😂. Here's how it went...

  • My reading goals for 2023:
  1. Read at least 20 books

    I only managed to read 12 books this year and I'm now halfway through the 13th, but I don't think I'll be able to finish it within the year. 

  2. Read at least 2 classics 

    I read 1 classic book this year; "The Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, which was a first-time read for my son and a very exciting re-read for me, since we read it together.

  3. Listen to at least 2 audiobooks 

    I listened to 1 audiobook this year and it was "The Art of Always Being Right" by Arthur Schopenhauer.

  4. Read at least 2 non-fiction books 

    Only one non-fiction book made it to my list this year and it's the same one I listened to as an audiobook.

  5. Read at least 2 Stephen King books 

    Nope, not even one... 😂

  6. Keep reviewing the books I read 

    Did I? I can't even remember, I think I may have written about 1 or 2 reviews this year...

So is there any point in me even making a post like this when I haven't made it with my goals? I do feel a pinch of guilt, especially since I was the one who set the goals for myself and I purposely set them so low so that they would be achievable. However, I still feel happy for the few books I read this year and I enjoyed some of them very much. Some of these books I expected I would enjoy, while some others were an unexpected pleasant surprise. I have concluded after the years that love of books and of stories is not necessarily measured in the number of books or pages you consume, but rather in what you get from reading. So, I'd say that there is always a point in doing a small review of your reading year however impressive or disappointing it might have been, and trying to motivate yourself to do even better - which is something I really hope to achieve next year.

So, how has your reading year been? Did you reach all of your goals or some of them? Which were your favorite books for 2023? Feel free to comment down below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rage", by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) || Book Review

"Rage" is one of the first of King's novels that was published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book is apparently not...